"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died. What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift." ~Elizabeth Edwards~
I saw this quote on Face.book the other day and I just had to re-post it. It is such a simple statement that has so much meaning. I know I have said it many times, but the fact that others remember my girls means the world to me. Now, I am not saying that you all have to run out and buy me a card or ask me about them next time you see me. Often times it is just the simple act of randomly hearing their names spoken by others that makes my heart feel full. It was months ago that I saw my 6 year old niece while shopping at Target. We ran into each other in the baby clothes section and she grabbed a cute little girly pajama set and casually said, "Alexcyn would love this Aunt Krista." It brought tears to my eyes. The innocence of a little girl that doesn't hesitate and think too hard about if she should say something or not is just priceless. So, I thought this was a good reminder that if you know someone who lost a child - mention to them that you are thinking of them and their child even if it has been years since their loss. Knowing that you remember is the greatest gift you can give!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment