This last weekend we loaded up the car and took off for a road trip to my cousin's wedding in PA. We had been anxious about this trip all summer due to the fact that G does not like to ride in his car seat and this adventure would require him to be in his seat for 14 hours each way!
We planned to drive at night as much as possible in hopes that G would sleep most of the way. And, we planned a lot of stops along the way. As you can tell, he was not a happy camper when we first took off!
Luckily, he calmed down quickly and slept the whole 5 hours of that journey. We were blessed to spend some time with my aunt C and uncle E where Grant learned to play the piano. He was a natural and I am pretty sure whatever he does in life, music will definitely play a part!
For the second leg of our trip, Grant rode in a front facing seat. We were lucky enough to borrow one from a friend (thanks C!) at the last minute and when I say last minute, I mean the hour before we drove away! Grant did SO good in this seat. He loved being able to see us and watch Baby Einstein and look out the window- this seat was a true lifesaver!

Once we got to the hotel, Grant was on the move. The door was propped open so J could get ice and Grant crawled over to it, opened it and was on his way down the long hallway. He actually went back and forth a couple times- I was exhausted just watching him go...
The next day we were blessed to be a part of two beautiful weddings. Yes, I said two weddings! My cousin's fiance is Hindu so the first wedding was a morning ceremony followed by a brunch with lots of yummy Indian cuisine. I loved the beauty and tradition of this ceremony.

The second wedding was a Quaker ceremony held in a Quaker Meetinghouse. Although this wedding was also deep in tradition, it was the total opposite of the Hindu wedding. The Quaker religion is based on silence so this wedding ceremony was mainly composed of a lot of moments of silent reflection. I loved the beauty and the peace I found in the silence of this ceremony. Grant spent most of the time outside since he does not quite understand the meaning of silence yet!

That evening we enjoyed a delicious dinner at a local winery while celebrating the new couple! Grant did so well considering this was such a long day for him. He napped in his stroller and crawled around in the grass and never even cried once!

We loved introducing our baby boy to all the family that he had not met yet!

We headed home on Monday and although it was a really quick trip, it was so worth it to experience these amazing weddings! Congrats to you E and K- may you be blessed with many happy years together!
I love when they sit cross legged in their carseats. :)They look so peaceful and sweet. His eyes are gorgeous, BTW.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! Thanks for sharing. He's a doll! What a blessing....
ReplyDeleteWith love and hope,
Cheryl
Ahhhhhh, I like the last picture.
ReplyDeleteXOXO Auntie Chrissie :)
Oops, I meant, the second to the last picture. We love the one of you and Grant together! GGBrownie says "hello" she wishes she could see him walking. :) Love, AC & GB
ReplyDelete