Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring


The birds are chirping, the crocuses are peaking out and the daylight is sticking around a litter longer. This all means one thing... spring is here! This time of year always holds a special place in my heart because it reminds me of the girls. It was March 21, 2008 that we saw one heartbeat and then surprise.... we saw another heartbeat. I was on cloud nine that day thinking that once I heard those heartbeats I had nothing to worry about. That weekend we were finally able to tell our families that after so many years of trying we were finally pregnant with not one, but two miracles.

Two years later I sit here rocking my baby boy in my arms and telling him all about his amazing big sisters and that spring that changed our lives forever.

The weather has been amazing here this week so Grant and I took a trip to the cemetery to say hi to the girls and let them know how much we were thinking about and missing them.


Brooke and Alexcyn,
I can't think of Spring without thinking of you. This time of year will always remind me of the wonderful first weeks I had with you in my belly. I will never forget the excitement when we told our families and friends that we were expecting you. Thinking back to those moments, I can still feel the love and excitement and hope that I had for your future. I miss you terribly and wish you were here with us. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder what life would be like with you and your brother- it would be quite chaotic I can imagine, but it would be amazing.
Miss you and love you, mommy

2 comments:

  1. Spring is the time of year we found out we were pregnant with twins also. It was so exciting! Love the pictures of Grant. So sweet he went to visit his sisters. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! I can't believe how big Grant is!! Cayden's feet aren't hanging out yet!

    ReplyDelete