This week we hit 36 weeks! Oh my goodness- it is finally starting to set in that we may actually bring home a baby! Seriously, up until this point I really haven't given it much thought. I wouldn't allow my mind to go there. I wanted to protect myself in case something happened. Well, I think it is time to climb out of that box and start thinking about what I am going to do with a newborn baby! Our anxiety is quickly switching from my water breaking too early to the pains of labor and delivery and how we are going to deal with a screaming baby boy that is dependent upon us for everything!
I have one more shower this weekend and then I am going out for the final shopping trip to make sure I have all the necessities- you know the stuff that no one wants to buy like bottles and a trash can. After that, we just wait..... I think you all know by now that I am not a patient person- I hate waiting! Especially when waiting involves swelling of my cankles and face, intense braxton hicks and extreme weight gain! Oh, the lovelies of the final weeks of pregnancy! There are lots of people that believe I am going to have this baby early, but my OB thinks that I will go right up to the due date so I am trying not to think too much about an early baby. After all, we have spent the last 9 months praying that this baby would just stay in there. Now, he probably won't come out!!!
I plan on putting the finishing touches on the nursery today. Stay tuned for pics when I have it all complete.
Finally, since we are getting so close, it is time for your final name game clue. This one is a collection of words that are to clues to both the first name and the middle name. Can you figure it out????
Wild
Actor
Location
Weight
Memorial
If you want to participate in the name game, put your final guess in the comments of this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




The Happiest Baby On The Block by Dr. Harvey Karp--if you're out and about you should totally pick it up and read it before baby comes, it's awesome and our lil one was going for like 4-5 hours at night at like 2-3 weeks!
ReplyDeleteGood luck and I hope for your sake he comes a few weeks early :)
36 weeks! Congratulations:) Try and enjoy the last few weeks. I totally miss being pregnant. I highly recommend the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child...it totally saved me!
ReplyDeleteOh, and most importantly my guess is Jackson as the first name...don't have a guess for the middle yet.
I recommend before you think about any sleep training PLEASE read what Dr. Sears has to say about why babies cry. It is excellent. You can go to askdrsears.com to find out more. His books are the best I have read. Been following your blog for a while and just wanted to say I'm praying for a safe delivery for you!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on yet another incredible milestone! I can't believe you're almost "there" :) Call me a worrywart, but I have to ask - does your dr. know about the swelling in your face? Sorry, that part just jumped out at me and I couldn't help but ask :) Wishing you all the best!
ReplyDelete