Friday, August 28, 2009

Shower

My co-workers threw our first baby shower yesterday. It went very well and was a great way to kick off the shower season! We got our Boppy play gym as well as a few little goodies like some adorable home made burp cloths!



(Yum- a red velvet cake made by Creations by Marcia- it is my favorite and was delish!)



Tomorrow brings shower number two thrown by my sister in law and mother in law. I am definitely starting to freak out a bit that we need so many things for bebe and have nothing yet! So, all my worries about being anxious for the shower are gone. Now I am much more concerned that we won't have a car seat, stroller or bassinet when bebe comes home and one of those you need or else they won't let you leave the hospital! I know this is just the beginning of the whole nesting phase which scares me because that combined with my obsessive planning gene, is a really bad combo! I am hoping that once I leave the shower tomorrow afternoon, I will actually start to feel more prepared and a little less stressed.

Other than that, nothing else is really new around here. We are just thrilled to be at 32 weeks and to be at a point where we could deliver at our local hospital and not have to worry about developmental issues with bebe being born early.

Sorry, I have kind of fallen off the baby name game a little, here is a clue for anyone that is still playing...

Clue # 6: The first letter of this name can be found in the first half of the alphabet....

4 comments:

  1. I remember being worried too given that my husband's family is in Norway and they don't do the whole shower thing. In addition, my family is not that big. It ended up turning out really well and I found people were so much more generous when it came to a baby than they were for our wedding. So, I know everyone tells you that you will be surprised at how much you get, but I was the skeptic and I can say that we didn't want for a thing by the time Amelia got here and she was almost two weeks early! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled that you are at 32 weeks and doing well. I can't wait to hear about tomorrow's shower and see and the goodies you receive. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time and congrats on making 32 weeks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for Honest Scrap Award! Go to my blog to see the rules!!

    ReplyDelete