2. Conversation between Grant and I before bed...
Grant: Mommy, I have something to tell you. You can't tell anyone.
Me: (Intrigued) What is it Grant
Grant: Sometimes I worry about you.
Me (crap my 4 year old is staging an intervention with me...) Why Grant?
Grant: Sometimes you and daddy are home with me and sometimes you aren't and you get a babysitter and that worries me. I like you home with me.
Me: (phew)
After explaining the importance of Jason and I focusing on marriage and getting out without kids and telling Grant that we are ok, he leans over and says, "that just makes me want to give you a big hug."
3. Grant to Ashton after he had another accident on the floor....
Grant: I helped you and then you peed on the floor. We are never going to get our present now. That is just coo coo headed.
LOL. I have a gift for both of them when Ashton goes accident free. Grant has to help Ashton in order to get his toy. At this point Grant may be the only one getting the toy.
4. The day I have dreaded finally came last week...
Grant: Mommy, H says that santa isn't real and that parents are Santa.
Me: shedding a tear inside. Grant, if someone tells you that you just tell them that you believe Santa is real and then walk away.
Grant: Ya, I know he is real. That would just be silly if parents came down the chimney.
phew.... dodged it for now!
5. Ashton has been a horrible sleeper lately; waking up one or two times a night. The other night he ended up in bed with us (do not judge- I will do anything to sleep!). I started picking on Jason because he had a ton of extra room on his side and I was falling off the bed and he jokingly said,"you lie like a dog." Ashton suddenly pops up and said,"mommy, you are not a dog." Jason and I were cracking up. About an hour later we were all happily sleeping when Ashton suddenly started his awesome belly laugh. I looked at him and noticed he was fast asleep. After a few laughs, he again said,"mommy, you are not a dog" and kept laughing away.
6. Grant kept
7. Funny words out of Ashton's mouth lately..... actually, unbelievable and hopefully.
8. Not so funny words Ashton says lately.... I need to pee pee mommy. 5 seconds after he just peed on the floor. And 7 seconds after I reminded him to let me know when he had to go potty.
9. While discussing with Ashton that daddy may need to go with him to Kindermusik one week, his response was as follows:
Ashton- What? I think this is a problem. Daddy will not fit in.
LOL- Either he is very observant to the fact that there is only daddy there or he really isn't ready to give up his time alone with mom.
10. Blessing of the week: I think this one is obvious with a week of funny things my kids say.... I am thankful for the fact that my kids can speak. As a parent, it has to be so heartbreaking to never hear your child's voice. We are blessed to have healthy children that talk our ears off and hope to never take that for granted.




No comments:
Post a Comment