1. Thanks for all of your kind comments. I have finally come out of my cranky/depressed/feeling sorry for myself state of mind. This is a post that I started a week before we went on vacation so some of it is older content. Just bare with me. Florida pics will come next.
2. The other day Grant and I were playing Chutes and Ladders. I looked over and he had his hand down his pants.
Me: Grant, get your hand out of your pants.
Grant: But this is what I do when my pepe gets big. It makes it better.
Me: speechless
oh.my.word. I am so scared for what my future holds with boys.
3. After missing a week of work with sickness, I went back this week to a snow cave office. The drifts were so far up my window I could barely see out. It made me feel cold all day long.
4. I grew up in Georgia which is why I had to chuckle a little after their
snow a couple weeks ago. I used to think that an inch of snow was a
lot. We would go outside and make snowmen and still have grass sticking
out of the snow. So far this winter we have had 120 inches here... far cry from the Georgia winters of my youth!
5. Ashton goes in for his weight check this week. I am a little
concerned since he seems to be way too busy to eat these days. Getting
him to sit still at dinner is nearly impossible.
6. As Grant and I were finishing up our prayers the other night, he
mentioned Brooke and Alexcyn since we pray for them every night. He
started on some random 4 year old tangent about their heads and hats and
what happened if their heads fell off. This is thanks to his cousin
who told him his sisters friends mom cut their heads off:/ Anyways, he
ended the extremely random conversation with,"mom, how can Brooke and
Alexcyn have heads? They are a statue." We talk about them a lot and
go visit their grave a lot and he has even seen pictures which is why
his comment surprised me so much. We obviously failed to explain all of
it together....oops. Hopefully he isn't scared for life thinking his
sisters are a cement gravestone.
7. We were starting to go a little stir crazy over here not being able to get out in these cold temps.
So, we turned our house into a ski hill complete with a ski lift. And then we did crafts, ate snow ice cream, watched a movie, had a dance party and then tried to figure out what to do with the remaining 6 hours in our day..... We are ready to be able to go outside again!
8. Grant may look just like his dad, but on the inside he is all his momma. He hates change and had the worst transition back from vacation ever. Between sickness and snow days and vacation, he missed 4 days of school. You would have thought it was the first day. I had to drag him into the room kicking and screaming and Miss Rachel had to pull him off of me and carry him into the room. Needless to say, I walked out of there in tears myself.
9. The other night Ashton asked for chocolate milk. He had already had his glass for the day and it was bedtime so I got him water. He looked at the cup and said,"water, mamma?" I told him yes it was water. He asked again and I confirmed and then he slammed the cup down on the table and said,"unbelievable." I almost peed in my pants I was laughing so hard. Where does he come up with this stuff????
10. Blessing of the week: the reminder to live for the moment and make sure God is in your heart. The college friend I mentioned in an earlier blog received some bad news about her condition and she ended her post to go hug the ones you hold dear to your heart and never take a moment for granted. It was then that I realized my extreme crankiness about the weather was absurd. So our house won't be done when we hoped. So our car has a dent in it from snow. So I cry every time I back out of our extraordinarily narrow driveway... I am here and I have my boys and that is the only thing that should matter. Why is it I have to remind myself of that all.of.the.time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment