2. Ashton has not slept through the night for about a month now. I feel like I have a newborn again. He also thinks he doesn't need to take naps. Needless to say, I am tired. Very, very tired. How can HE not ever get tired? He.never.stops.moving.
3. So, does anyone have any good ideas on how to get an extremely strong willed toddler to stay in bed when it is time to sleep?
4. My dad has been here for a week. We always try to do fun things while he is here, but this time mother nature is not cooperating. It has snowed just about every day and has been bitterly cold. Needless to say, we have spent a lot of quality time inside. Good thing my dad doesn't mind watching back to back Hallmark Christmas movies!
5. Jason and I got out for our association Christmas party Saturday night. I couldn't resist this fun dress that I found shopping that morning. Our usual date nights consist of a quick dinner out and a stop at Target for toilet paper and socks, so it was a lovely change to actually get dressed up for a fancy dinner for a change!
6. Grant has loved waking up every morning to find Sherman doing silly things. So far he has colored our milk green, taken a swing ride in the doorway, used their crayons to write his name, drank the syrup, built a house with blocks, told the kids to bake cookies for the neighbors, given them instructions to buy groceries for the mission......sorry this is boring for you, but I need to remember what I did so I don't do it again next year:)
7. I took this pic a few weeks ago and posted it on FB but forgot to do it here. We stopped to put up the girls Christmas tree and Grant told me wanted to get out and show Brooke and Alexcyn that he can write his name. He is so good at knowing how to melt my heart.
8. I have a love/hate relationship with ama.zon.com. I love that you can press a button and have presents delivered in two days but I hate the games they play with pricing of their items.
9. Ashton's favorite phrase as of late,"I am naked!" as he runs through the house with no clothes on. Too bad he actually is naked or else it would make a hilarious youtube video!
10. Blessing of the week: Reading my favorite book from my childhood,"The Mouses Terrible Christmas" with my boys. I fondly remember reading that book with my parents as a child and I love to see the look on their faces as they listen to the story that brought me so much happiness.






Let me know if u get any suggestions on #3...mason too does not sleep through the night (unless he's in our bed)...and 2 of the last 4 days has refused to nap. So I too am very tired :)
ReplyDeleteAnd #7...melt my heart beyond precious!!!
I was just reading on Facebook that a weighted blanket really helps children sleep. Some of the mothers were even putting bags of rice in tube socks and having their child put it on their belly and hug it while they were in bed. Apparently Occupational Therapists use weighted therapy and it is proven to work in many cases...Maybe something that you can look up on the internet? Hope that helps. Love reading your funny/cute/touching posts. Merry Christmas :)
ReplyDelete