Last week Grant started his 3 school. The week started off quite dramatically with Grant screaming in pain on Monday with a tummy ache. We went through the day assuming it was gas from constipation and then later that night, attributed it to nerves after Grant declared that he had butterflies and a froggy in his tummy when he thought about school. Later in the week we discovered he actually did have a bug when Jason also had the nasty stomach ache.
 |
| when asked what he wants to be when he grows up, he said a golfer like his daddy. Good thing we got him a golf bag for his birthday! |
Tuesday he woke up excited for school. He even woke up before his alarm which is pretty good for our little sleeper. He really hates mornings so I anticipate his happy attitude to go back to grumpy morning Grant really soon! I got to spend the whole morning in his class with him that day. He had so much fun digging in the sandbox and riding his (already) "favorite" blue bike. They ate a snack, went on a hike through the trails, made a craft and played inside at all the learning stations. They sure pack a lot in 3 hours!
 |
| He found his coat hook! |
 |
| playing in the sandbox- he gets 20 min of outdoor play first thing in the morning. Rain or shine. |
 |
| heading off on his first hike- he will take a 30 min hike every morning. |
 |
| finding shapes and colors on the nature hike with Miss Lonna |
 |
| so proud of my little reader for going straight to the books! |
 |
| by the end of the morning, he (and all the other kids!) were pretty much over it. A lot of crying and fits were witnessed the last 20 mins! |
As we got into the car on Thursday, he looked at me and said,"don't worry mom, I am going to be a brave boy." Melt my heart! On the drive there, he expressed his concern over what to do if he got lost and was really worried about a tree falling on him. On how I love how little minds think! We walked in and he was clinging to my leg but once it came time for me to leave, he was such a big boy. I was sure I was fine until I turned around to leave and suddenly felt the tears streaming down my face. Can't believe my little boy is all grown up.
Hopefully he is as excited to go back this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment