Tuesday, February 12, 2013

1.  I read this on another blog last week and just loved it, " Life sometimes seems cruel as time marches on without any regards to my grief."  I admit to feeling that way many times over the last five years...

2.  Grantism of the week:  Grant tooted and I made a comment about it.  He looked at me with a very serious look on his face and said, "I didn't toot mommy, you just heard the wind from my toot."  Silly boy.

3. On our anniversary, we took Grant to the dentist for the first time.  Romantic, eh?  I decided that I wanted Jason there just in case Grant acted out because he is usually better behaved when Jason is around.  We made the appt over our lunch hour so we could take him to lunch afterwards if all went well.  He did awesome and he chose to go to Wendys for some chicken nuggets.    Of course, it didn't hurt that the dentist had a train going around the top of the room.  He is already asking when he can go back.



4.  We are in the very beginning stages of our house building project.  We had plans drawn up a couple years ago, but we want to make some changes to them.  Have any of you built houses?  If so, is there any advice you have for us?  Anything you wish you had in your house?  Anything you would change?

5.  Anyone else from the area feel like we are all freaking out just a little too much over the snow lately?  I guess I can't judge too much since I don't have kids in school, but it seems like they have a snow day every other day lately and it is barely snowing.  I remember walking through snow drifts as tall as I was in college and nothing closed.  Why the sudden panic every time a snowflake falls? 

6.  I have already started my lent cleanse.  I have found tons of clothes to get rid of and have started pricing baby items for a garage sale.  Next up, raid the toy box when the boys are sleeping.

7.  Our new game = where is Ashton getting a tooth now?  Currently, he is getting a molar and a front bottom tooth.

8.  I hit up the outlets this weekend.  There is just something so thrilling about getting a good deal:)

9. My mom had some follow up surgery on Monday.  Everything has gone well so far and we are praying that she will be home by the weekend.

10.  Blessing of the week: baby Haylee Quinn.  A good friend of mine went in for her weekly check up ( I think she was 37 wks) and the baby's heartbeat was slow.  She went directly to the hospital and was sent in for emergency c-section.  Baby girl had the cord wrapped around her neck.  I am praising God this week for blessing her with life.  When you hear of instances like that, how do you not believe in a higher power?  If her mom didn't have her appt that day, Haylee wouldn't be with us.  It gives me chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment