This week I have decided to take you all on a tour of my home. This is not going to be your typical house tour showing wall colors and cute decorations. This tour will give you a glimpse of everything in our home that reminds us of our journey over the past 4 years. Just because our lives are so full of happiness today, we will never forget what we went through and the two beautiful girls that we lost on our way to find this happiness. There are lots of little reminders all over our house of that journey and now, I will share them with you!
Today I am going to start in the living room....
This picture sits on a shelf in our living room/dining room area. It is a framed copy of the program that was handed out at Brooke and Alexcyn's funeral. On left side of it sits a little boy holding a balloon that says HOPE and in front of it lies three petite roses that came from the arrangement from the funeral.

After we lost the girls, we received many beautiful Willow Tree figurines from friends and family. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of places to display them all, so I change them out every so often to give them all a chance to shine!

I purchased this sign when we were struggling with infertility. To some, it might seem like a funny sign to have in a living room. But, to me it was such an important reminder that I am not in control. There were many times that I was angry and praying was the last thing I wanted to do. But, every time I would glance over and see this sign, I would hear this verse and it would calm my fears and help me give up that control. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

The last stop on the tour of our living room is a photo album of our dear Alexcyn which was given to us by the hospital where the girls were delivered. I can't say enough good things about the amazing nurses in the NICU that not only took the amazing pictures in the book, but took the time to put it together for us.
Stay tuned to see what other little reminders our house contains...
Home is a place not only of strong affections, but of entire unreserve; it is life's undress rehearsal, its backroom, its dressing room. ~Harriet Beecher Stowe




your home is beautiful. thinking of you xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful reminders! I love that the NICU nurses put together a book for you. So sweet.
ReplyDeleteI love all your little reminders. We have some of those willowtree angels, too-we just got the one called "hope." It's so weird because we are in the process of moving and packing up the babies stuff was so hard-I don't want to move it at all!!! I'm so glad you have them all around.
ReplyDelete