***Update- I have put links to the blogs and care page of three of these families in case you are interested in following their stories. Just click on the grey words and they should take you to the sites. Also, thanks for all of the prayers. I am feeling much better today.***
Today I am sad. It is not because of something going on with me, but events happening in other people's lives around me that are affecting me so much this week.
A couple weeks ago, Jason's cousin gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Reece. A few days after being at the hospital, the drs found an infection in his intestines. They performed surgery and so far he is doing really well in recovery. Reece will need to stay there for about 6 weeks and then have another surgery to repair his intestines and then hopefully come home. He is in the same NICU area that Alexcyn was in- this has been difficult for me to think about and as much as I would love to visit, I just can't bring myself to go back there.
A friend of mine also had a beautiful baby boy a few weeks ago named London. Soon after birth, they realized that London had a dermal sinus tract- a form of spina bifida. He had a major surgery to remove this and it was successful. But now they are just waiting to find out if any nerves were damaged during the surgery. London is also at DV Hospital- maybe he is keeping Reece company...
A few weeks ago I started following the story of a woman who was pregnant with sextuplets. She went into pre-term labor somewhere around 20-23 weeks (I can't quite figure it out) and sadly, she lost all of the babies. It happened over a couple days and she gave birth to Baby A one day and then Baby B another. Eventually, she gave birth to all four of the remaining babies. None of them survived. This story is so close- it just breaks my heart.
And lastly, I mentioned Rich Elling in a previous post. He was the gentleman that gave the prayer pager to us over the summer and then last week when he discovered his cancer had come back, we gave the pager back to him. Sadly, he passed away early this morning. There are no words. His daughter and son in law are in our life group and although we never knew Rich personally, we knew what an amazing impact he had on so many lives in our church. He will be greatly missed.
So, as you can tell, I have a lot on my heart these days. Not to mention I am an emotional mess because of all the hormones the drs have me on! So, today I ask for prayers for all of these families that are dealing with loss, grief, confusion, and saddness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It is so difficult to remain positive with so much sadness around you. I will keep all of these people and families in my thoughts. Hope you get to see just as much happiness in your life in the coming weeks.
ReplyDeleteKrista,
ReplyDeleteSuch a small world! Cindy is in my BSF group and I just found out that her father passed away this morning. Life can be so overwhelming...I share your sadness today! But...today I was reminded of this....Life is short and uncertain at best. There is no permanence or safety to be found in it. But be aware that God exists and has existed, that He is the one sure foundation of everything and that the person who is anchored in Him is eternally secure! 2 Cor. 4:18 - "We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is ETERNAL!" Let's pray for each other that we see the eternal in the everyday and that we never rely or rest in this earth! THERE IS SO MUCH MORE THAT AWAITS US!
You must feel so overwhelmed right now. I'm so sorry for you. I know - for me at least - once things start building up, I just get consumed with a sadness I can't shake for a while. Each story is heartbreaking in and of itself, but combined, can become crippling. Will be thinking of each family, as well as you and your sweet hubby, in the coming days and weeks.
ReplyDeleteKrista, I know BJ through the rec department at Hamilton and heard about little Reece too! It's just unbelievable. My prayers goes out to them and Rich. Could you let me know what that ladies site is with the sextuplets. I would like to follwer her too (since we all have a little in common). Thanks : )
ReplyDelete