Friday, March 27, 2009

OB Appt

I had an OB appt this morning and I am happy to report that all is well. Dr G was thrilled that the spotting had stopped and that the week off helped me. She could tell instantly that I looked so much better than the last time I was there. I got to hear the heartbeat with the doppler instead of going in for an ultrasound. Kinda sad because I love seeing the little peanut, but I was just happy to hear that sound. It was pretty fast and Dr G asked me if I kept my girl things. I told her I did , but it didn't matter, I am convinced this baby is a boy! We will just have to wait until June 5 to find out...

I go back in 2 weeks. She said we will probably keep up the 2 week appts just for peace of mind. I was very happy to hear that! On another note, the morning sickness was pretty bad earlier this week, but has subsided for now. I am hoping it is gone for good, but I know better! And, my belly is growing! Dr G said that with the 2nd pregnancy you usually pop faster and I totally believe it. Luckily for me, I am only a month off my last pregnancy, so all of my maternity clothes will be for the right season. I am pretty excited about that because I was so sad to pack those up. There were so many cute outfits that I didn't get to wear. I am excited for the day that the rubermaid bin comes back out of the storage closet!

9 comments:

  1. That is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great appointment! I can vouch that 2nd pregnancies definitely show faster! Glad to hear everything is going well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, i love your updates! so glad everything is going well!....gotta go...theres that song again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great update! I am so happy to hear things are going well! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling a bit of relief. It must be reassuring that you're able to check in with your doctor every couple weeks. I know what you mean about the doppler v. ultrasound. It's reassuring to hear the heartbeat with just the doppler, but so much fun to see the baby with the ultrasound. Does your doctor have a portable ultrasound? That's a nice in between (pretty grainy) if she does. :)
    I was able to predict each of my baby's sex with heartbeat alone (except when I cheated with my first). Many people say it's an old wives tale, but my OB/GYN friend says that in her anecdotal experience, it usually rings true (higher for girls; lower for boys).
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all is going well Krista!!! As for the higher heartbeats for girl - my sister-in-law had a boy with a very high heartbeat.. thought it was a girl but ended up being a boy - you just never know. So happy all is good!!

    ReplyDelete