For years, I dreamt of the perfect nursery. I had ideas running through my head way before I was pregnant. I have never been one who enjoys the typical "baby" decorations ie... animals, disney characters, trucks, etc.... I like things simple and elegant with a touch of baby. Does that make sense??? Recently, a friend posted pictures of her nursery. She lost her son almost a year ago and is in the process of adopting and had to have the nursery ready for the call at any time. I was so envious. All of the ideas I had and all of the things I had bought, were shoved in the closet the night we came home from the hospital and have remained there ever since. I never got to share their nursery with Brooke and Alexcyn or anyone else. Seeing as it has been 6 months and my heart is healing, I decided to open up that closet and dive in so that I could share the nursery that would have been with all of you. So, needless to say, this post will require a little imagination but will hopefully you will get the idea and enjoy Brooke and Alexcyn's nursery that would have been....



The nursery was going to be in our second bedroom which is upstairs right next to our bedrooom. It is currently our guest bedroom.
It is already painted a blue color and I was planning on leaving it that color. I know, I know, blue for a girls room???? Yes, I loved the color, and as I stated before, I don't like the typical baby things- I like to be a little different! So, this is the color of the walls.....

In June, this room looked a lot different than it does now. Our basement had flooded and all of the furniture from downstairs (desk, chair, couch, etc...) had been brought upstairs and shoved in that room until we had the basement fixed. At that same time, we had purchased our cribs. They were in stock but because we had nowhere to put them, the store kept them in their warehouse until we were able to get them. That ended up being such a blessing because the store refunded our money since they still had the cribs at their warehouse.
In June, this room looked a lot different than it does now. Our basement had flooded and all of the furniture from downstairs (desk, chair, couch, etc...) had been brought upstairs and shoved in that room until we had the basement fixed. At that same time, we had purchased our cribs. They were in stock but because we had nowhere to put them, the store kept them in their warehouse until we were able to get them. That ended up being such a blessing because the store refunded our money since they still had the cribs at their warehouse.

I spent hours trying to find the right bedding. I waited patiently (or not so patiently...) to find out the sex of the babies so that I could finalize my decision. I had found one that I loved at PB Kids and the day I found out they were girls, I ordered a pillow case from the set to make sure it was a good match. I LOVED IT!

It perfectly tied in the blue walls and the pink and green accents that I was planning.
I had been searching for an old dresser that I could restore into a shabby chic look and put in the nursery to use as a dresser and changing table on top. I also had plans to purchase a comfy rocking chair with a small table to put beside the chair for bottles in the middle of the night, etc...
As for accessories, I had plans for pink and green polka dots, white shelves with pink and green picture frames on the walls, a chandelier for a light in the middle of the room and two verses from one of my favorite songs were going to be painted across the top of two walls. I am not sharing that one with you just in case I get the chance to actually put this nursery together someday- I have to leave something as a surprise!



Close your eyes and you can almost picture it, isn't it beautiful! Brooke and Alexcyn~ I know you would have loved your nursery just as much as we loved planning it.




Oh, its beautiful! How bittersweet it must have been to pull all of that out. I dreamt of a chandelier too. B didn't think it was "necessary" . . .well no, of course it wasn't! But I wanted it :)
ReplyDeleteIt is so pretty. It must have been so hard to go through all those things. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI had picked things out also, some items had already been ordered. I loved the bedding that I had picked, but never bought, and I dont think I could ever buy it for a future child. It was Beckett and Amelianna's even if they never got to use it.
Krista, what a beautiful nursery. Your girls would have loved it so much, and do. They carry this imagination with them where ever they are now. They know everything you do for them and would have done for them is all with love. I think the nursery is perfect.
ReplyDelete